Windmill Program – Disability Services
Royal Far West is a registered NDIS service provider. We deliver disability support services through our Windmill Program.
The Windmill Program is a therapy intervention service for children with disabilities who are living in rural and remote communities.
The program has been created specifically for children aged from 2-12 who have autism, intellectual disability, developmental or global delay and have an NDIS plan.
Children who take part in the Windmill Program will receive personalised support from our team of specialists, to help them achieve their goals.
Would you like help with:
- Daily living skills
- Preparing for transition to school
- Supporting behaviour development
- Managing fussy eating
- Building social skills and confidence
Your Windmill Journey
- Step 1: Getting to know you– We start by listening to you to understand your childs’ strengths and goals to develop a personalised support plan.
- Step 2: Planning– Our Service Planner will guide you step-by-step through the planning of your supports.
- Step 3: Service delivery– We’ll introduce you to your focused support team, which may include a special educator, social worker, psychologist, occupational therapist and/or speech pathologist.
- Step 4: Review– We recognise your childs’ goals will most likely change over time so at the end of the program we review how your child is progressing against their goals, and discuss future goals and support requirements.
Accessing our Services
The Windmill Program is flexible and offers a range of delivery methods. Windmill Telecare brings services to your home, pre-school or school.
You can choose to receive therapy by technology or in person, or a combination of both, depending on your childs’ abilities and needs.
Your Service Planner will ask you about how you would like to access services and can answer any questions you may have.
Therapies in Manly and in your community
Therapies in Manly
Enjoy comfortable family accommodation onsite while you access a full range of therapy and support services at our Centre for Country Kids located on Manly Beach. Or join our camps program focused on building skills and social connections
Therapies in your community
Access high quality, specialised support without driving 100’s of kilometres. Royal Far West’s Windmill Telecare*, lets you connect to your support team via video conference over the internet.
*Telecare requires a computer and good internet connection. Not all supports are available via Telecare.
To find out more, please complete the form below
The NDIS (or National Disability Insurance Scheme) is a government initiative, which has been put into place to help improve access to services for anyone with disabilities.
Implemented by the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), the Scheme allows its participants and their families to choose the sort of help they need and receive it in a way that suits them, whether that be emotionalassistance, intervention therapies, information services, community health services or other types of support.
The NDIA works with NDIS participants to develop plans tailored to the needs of the individual. Participants will then receive a funding package, which they can allocate to the services that best meet their needs.
The level of financial assistance provided will relate directly to the individual’s requirements, and can be adjusted to suit your child’s changing needs and circumstances.