Fundraising FAQs

Got a question about donating to or fundraising for Royal Far West?  

Too many of Australia’s country kids can’t access healthcare, simply because of where they live. When you support Royal Far West, you’re helping to connect country kids to the vital healthcare services they urgently need.

You can contact our Fundraising team on 1800 961 001 at any time to discuss becoming a donor or fundraiser. Alternatively, if you’re a regular giver, you can email us at donorservices@royalfarwest.org.au to change or update your details.

Please also take a look at our FAQs below to help answer your questions.  

Donation FAQs

How do I donate to Royal Far West?

Head to our Donation page and select whether you would like to donate once or monthly, then choose if you would like to make your donation by credit card or direct debit.  

What does my donation go towards?

When you donate to Royal Far West, you will be connecting Australia’s country children to a team of over 120 multidisciplinary clinicians providing psychology, paediatrics, psychiatry, speech pathology, occupational therapy, and other allied health services.

We work with families, educators, local health services and broader communities to ensure children with developmental, behavioural, or mental health issues can receive the screenings, assessments, diagnoses, services and support they need to thrive.

Take a look at our About Us page to find out more about what we do. 

Is my donation tax-deductible?

Yes! All donations of two dollars ($2.00) or more are fully tax deductible. 

Am I able to get my donation refunded?

Due to the nature of charity donations, we are under no obligation to give refunds. We will refund in certain circumstances, such as where we have made an error in debiting, or where we believe the donor to be a vulnerable person.

Can I choose where my donation goes?

As Royal Far West supporter, your donations will not be tied to one program or area of support. Your gift will be used wherever the need is greatest and will support a range of programs connecting country children to vital developmental and mental health services. We will keep you updated throughout the year with how your donations are being used and how they are creating a lasting impact for country children.

Can funds raised support children in my local area or a specific region?

There are thousands of children in rural and remote Australian communities whose mental and developmental health needs are not being met. The demand for our services is growing constantly, so every dollar raised or donated is more important than ever. Unfortunately, we cannot direct individual donations to help a specific child, school, or community. The money you raise will go to the area of greatest need, whether it be for services delivered in community, virtually via Telecare or at our Centre for Country Kids in Manly. We will keep you updated regularly on the impact of your donations for country children.



How can I get a copy of my tax receipt?

All donations of $2.00 or more will be issued with a tax-deductible receipt. If you donate online, your receipt will automatically be emailed to you the same day – you may find it in your spam/junk folder.


Regular Giving FAQs

How do I update my payment details or address?

Please call us on 1800 961 001 or email donorservices@royalfarwest.org.au. Please do not send any credit card details via email, we can send you a secure link to use to update your details. 

How can I get a copy of my EOFY tax receipt?

If you’re a monthly donor, we will send a consolidated receipt for the full financial year to you each July. We send out the tax receipts via email where possible, please check your junk email folder if you believe you should have received a receipt. If we do not have an email address for you, we will send you a hard copy in the post.


How do I make changes to my donation?

Please call us on 1800 961 001 or email donorservices@royalfarwest.org.au to make any changes to your monthly donations. 

Gift in Wills FAQs

How do I leave a gift to Royal Far West in my Will?

Head over to our Leave a Legacy page for more information about leaving a legacy gift to support future generations of country kids.  

General FAQs

How can I fundraise for Royal Far West?

Head to our Fundraise for us page and take a look at the many ways you can become a community fundraising champion for country kids.   

How do I donate to Royal Far West in lieu of receiving gifts for my upcoming celebration?

Head over to our Gifts in celebration page to find out more about paying it forward and asking for donations in place of gifts.

Alternatively, if you’d like to donate in memory of a loved one in lieu of buying flowers, you can do so on our Gifts in memory page 

How do I find out more about Royal Far West, such as how many children are being helped or how funds are raised and spent?

Take a look at our most recent Annual Report. This details our outcomes and achievements from the previous financial year.

Do you have door-to-door fundraisers in my area?

If you would like to find out if we have fundraisers in your area or would like to give us feedback about your experience with one of our fundraisers, please feel to give us call us on 1800 961 001 or email donorservices@royalfarwest.org.au 

How do I opt out of your mailing list?

Call us on 1800 961 001 or email donorservices@royalfarwest.org.au

Please provide your full name and address to make it quick & easy for us to action this for you.