Royal Far West is Australia’s only national charity dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of country children.
We specialise in supporting children’s developmental, mental and behavioural health so they can reach their full potential. We work to address service gaps and support our most vulnerable families and communities, we help ‘the system’ go further.
Culturally sensitive and community-focused, we are nimble, adaptive and go where the gaps are, to ensure no country child is beyond our reach.
Rural and remote children’s developmental, mental and behavioural health so they can reach their full potential. We provide multidisciplinary health, education and disability services for country children aged up to 12 at our Centre for Country Kids in Manly, via telecare and through community outreach.
Our multidisciplinary team consists of 90+ paediatric clinicians, including psychiatrists, paediatricians, psychologists, speech pathologists, occupational therapists and other allied health professionals.
We build capacity:
Of country families, health professionals, educators and communities to support children in need through partnerships with preschools, schools and other providers to improve access to services and improved outcomes for country kids.
We give voice to the needs of country children:
We harness our knowledge, expertise and relationships to give a voice to the needs of country children and to advocate for equitable access to services and outcomes.
We believe that:
- Healthy country children are critical to our nation and our future
- Every child has the right to be respected as an individual and we acknowledge their specific needs, rights and contributions
- Access to the right support at the right time can positively reset a child’s life trajectory
- Access alone is not enough – the quality of services and outcomes matter
- To support a child’s health and wellbeing, it is vital to support the parents, carers, health professionals and educators around the child
- An integrated and collaborative approach is the best way to support children and their families
Learn more about Royal Far West
2021-2025 Strategic Plan
Laying the Foundations for our future. Learn about how we plan to secure our ability to support country kids for the next 100 years.
Reconciliation Action Plan (RAP)
Our REFLECT RAP outlines how commitment to supporting our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander partners, workforce and families.
2019-2020 Annual Report
A year like no other. Despite Bushfires and a pandemic, we were able to respond and help even more country children and their families.