Royal Far West offers children in rural and remote areas of NSW with severe malocclusions orthodontic treatment, if they would otherwise not be able to access such treatment in their local area.
All orthodontic treatment is carried out at our Centre for Country Kids in Manly, Sydney by trained Dental Professionals.
How to access this service
The child’s regular dentist and/or dental clinic must refer the child. To obtain the Orthodontic Referral pack the dentist/dental clinic must contact Royal Far West Oral Health Unit by phone on 02 89668562 or by e-mailing the Orthodontic Practice Coordinator – firstname.lastname@example.org
Who is Eligible?
Children referred must meet the:
• Clinical Orthodontic Criteria for Treatment – cosmetic cases will not be accepted
• Be referred before the age of 14 years – ideal age for referral is 11 to 13 years of age
• Must have a good level of Oral Hygiene – all restorative dental work must be completed
• Orthodontic treatment with Royal Far West will require travelling to Manly every 4 to 8 weeks to attend appointments.
• Children under orthodontic treatment MUST see their local dentist/dental clinic every 6 months for check-ups throughout the course of orthodontic treatment.
• It is the responsibility of the parents/guardians to cover costs of:
• All travel
• Accommodation for overnight stays – Accommodation is available at the Royal Far West with prior booking
• Isolated Patients Transport Accommodation Assistance Scheme (IPTAAS) cannot be claimed for attending Royal Far West for Orthodontic treatment.
If you wish to discuss this further please not hesitate to contact Royal Far West Oral Health.