Clinicians-in-Community is a FREE Developmental Screening Program for children aged 3-5
The service offers comprehensive screening that aims to identify developmental issues and provide a pathway to care for children to support their transition to school. This program is particularly beneficial in remote communities with limited services.
The program includes screenings conducted by a Speech Pathologist and an Occupational Therapist.
Our Clinicians will be visiting the following communities:
- Peak Hill
How to book a Screening
If you have a child in preschool or in their first year of school and have any concerns regarding speech and language development, fine and gross motor skill development, or concerns regarding behaviour and regulation, please fill out the online form below:
Terms and conditions
By completing this form, you consent to your child participating in the Royal Far West screenings conducted by the Royal Far West clinicians.
You understand that your child may be referred to Royal Far West or other service providers for ongoing care. This care may include online sessions with a Royal Far West clinician or other services as deemed appropriate during the screening assessment. You understand that staff from Royal Far West may contact other service providers to follow up on the progress of your child’s care.
You understand that staff from Royal Far West will share relevant information relating to your child to others to assist in your child’s ongoing care and education. This will include service providers from Royal Far West as well as other service providers external from Royal Far West. This may include:
▪ Local doctor, for ongoing care. ▪ Medical specialist (such as but not limited to Paediatrician; Ear, Nose and Throat Specialist), for referral and ongoing care. ▪ Allied health clinician (such as but not limited to Speech Therapist, Occupational Therapist, Dietitian) for referral and ongoing care. ▪ Other services as deemed appropriate by the clinical staff involved. The school my child currently attends to assist with the planning of my child’s educational needs.
You understand that de-identified information may be used for evaluation purposes to determine the effectiveness of this program.
- Inverell, Ashford and Tingha
- Lake Cargelligo
- Muswellbrook and Murrurndi
- Hillston and Hay
- Glen Innes
- Eungai, Stuarts Point and Willawarrin
- Merriwa and Muswellbrook
- Walgett and Brewarrina
- Moulamein, Tooleybuc, Barham
- Woolgoolga and Wauchope