Staying at Royal Far West
In response to NSW Health’s stay at home orders for Greater Sydney, Royal Far West have made the important decision to temporarily close our Centre for Country Kids and Drummond House facilities in Manly, and suspend all face-to-face services until further notice.
The health and safety of our clients, their families, and our team remains our top priority. Customers impacted will be contacted by one of our team. We will provide further advice as the situation progresses. In the meantime, please call us on 02 8966 8500 if you have any queries.
Affordable accommodation that’s perfectly situated for enjoying all that Manly has to offer.
Drummond House is located on the Royal Far West site, adjacent to the Centre for Country Kids on Wentworth Street. We are just a few steps from the iconic Manly Beach and within easy walking distance to a range of public transport options, as well as a wide variety of boutiques, specialty shops, local cafes and restaurant. You can also make the most of the fabulous beaches with surfing, scuba diving, snorkelling, kayaking and paddle-boarding all generally available nearby.
Drummond House is open to the public on weekends and public holidays.
Drummond House has 35 guestrooms spread over 3 levels with stair and lift access to the upper floors.
All rooms include:
- TV, ceiling fan, bathroom and tea/coffee making facilities
- Various room sizes ranging from twin to 5/6 beds (mostly configured with single beds)
The heritage listed family-friendly guesthouse also includes communal facilities for all guests to enjoy.
Communal areas include:
- Kitchenettes, lounge and dining areas with complimentary Wi-Fi and air-conditioning
- BBQ and laundry facilities
Getting to Drummond House
We are a five-minute walk from Manly Wharf and also very close to public transport and Council car parks.
Getting here by public transport:
- The easiest way to reach Manly is by ferry. Ferries depart from Circular Quay Wharves 2 and 3.
Getting here by car:
- Manly is located approx. 11km from Sydney CBD and the journey takes around 30 minutes (variable depending on time of day)
You can also download our handy Getting Here Guide for more detailed information.
COVID-peace of mind
While the pandemic has brought with it lots of uncertainty, we have introduced some new procedures to give you complete peace of mind when booking a stay, including:
- A Fully flexible booking and cancellation policy, book now – with complete flexibility to cancel up until the day of your stay.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols have been introduced to offer a COVID-safe and clean environment for all guests.
Fantastic location and friendly helpful staff. Beds were good and very clean. Secure building. Secure car parking reasonably priced. Tea and coffee facilities in room and use of guest communal fridge in dining area. Breakfast was basic but plentiful, and if you don’t want to eat in, lots of great cafes close by. It is fabulous to know that when you use this accommodation (think boarding school meets bed’n breakfast, in a superbly convenient location) your money goes towards helping rural children and their families to access the health and education services they need, to take some of the strain off them – great to be able to support the charity!