NDIS Windmill camps
Returning to Manly early 2021!
Our health and wellbeing camps have been created specifically to support families from rural and remote areas who have difficulty accessing therapeutic services and have an NDIS plan. Our camps will help your child to develop important life skills and work towards achieving their personal goals all within a fun, inclusive environment.
Children with NDIS packages:
Windmill camps run during school holiday periods in January, April, July, October and December
Camps will run for 4 days and 3 nights from our Centre for Country Kids in Manly. As well as a range of therapies, our camps include meals and accommodation for each participating child and one guardian on-site at our beach-side location.
Who might benefit from our Windmill Camp?
Our Windmill camps are ideal for children aged 9-12 who struggle with social isolation. They may find it difficult to interact with other children, and can often feel lonely.
By bringing these children together within a safe, fun and positive environment, we will help them to:
- Build self confidence
- Create positive connections with peers and carers
- Explore new activities to step outside of their comfort zone
Our camp program combines traditional group therapy sessions with fun filled activities including rock climbing, surfing, arts and crafts and plenty more! Each activity has been designed to encourage and develop teamwork, positive relationship building and emotional management.
Who is eligible?
- Country NSW children aged 9-12
- Currently functioning independently within a school and community environment
- Able to participate independently in group sessions with their peers
- NDIS participants with funding in:
- CAPACITY BUILDING: Improved Daily Living Skills & CORE Increased Social and Community Participation. OR;
- CAPACITY BUILDING: Participation in Community, Social and Civic Activities.