Our health and wellbeing camps have been created specifically to support families from rural and remote areas who have difficulty accessing therapeutic services. Our camps will help your child to develop important life skills and work towards achieving their personal goals all within a fun, inclusive environment.
Children with Autism:
Register your interest below, for our Building Confidence and Social Skills Camps.
Windmill Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) Camps run during school holiday periods in January, April, October and December.
What you need to know:
Camps will run for 4 days and 3 nights from our Centre for Country Kids in Manly. As well as a range of therapies, our camps include meals and accommodation for each participating child and one guardian on-site at our beach-side location.
Who might benefit from our Windmill ASD Camp?
Our Windmill ASD camps are ideal for children aged 10-12 who struggle with social isolation. They may find it difficult to interact with other children, and can often feel lonely.
By bringing these children together within a safe, fun and positive environment, we will help them to:
- Build self confidence
- Create positive connections with peers and carers
- Explore new activities to step outside of their comfort zone
Our camp program combines traditional group therapy sessions with fun filled activities including rock climbing, surfing, arts and crafts and plenty more! Each activity has been designed to encourage and develop teamwork, positive relationship building and emotional management.
Who is eligible?
- Country NSW children aged 10-12 with a primary diagnosis of Autism 2-3
- Currently functioning independently within a school
- Able to participate independently in group sessions with their peers
- NDIS participants with funding in category Core and Capacity– Social & Community Participation (see Our Fees for detail)
To find out more, please complete the form below