In order to minimise the risk of exposing country families and in turn spreading COVID-19 to largely untouched regional and remote communities, it is with regret that we have decided to postpone all camps for the foreseeable future.
We look forward to restarting our NDIS Windmill camps in Manly as soon as it’s safe to do so. Until then, we are able to offer our multi-disciplinary Windmill program via video link (Telecare) to deliver individualised therapy directly you and your child at home, school or community setting – an effective and easy way for you to receive therapy. All you need is a computer or laptop with a webcam, microphone and speaker and access to high-speed internet.
About our camps
Our health and wellbeing camps have been created specifically to support families from rural and remote areas who have difficulty accessing therapeutic services. Our camps will help your child to develop important life skills and work towards achieving their personal goals all within a fun, inclusive environment.
Children with NDIS packages:
Windmill camps run during school holiday periods in January, April, July, October and December
Camps will run for 4 days and 3 nights from our Centre for Country Kids in Manly. As well as a range of therapies, our camps include meals and accommodation for each participating child and one guardian on-site at our beach-side location.
Who might benefit from our Windmill Camp?
Our Windmill camps are ideal for children aged 9-12 who struggle with social isolation. They may find it difficult to interact with other children, and can often feel lonely.
By bringing these children together within a safe, fun and positive environment, we will help them to:
- Build self confidence
- Create positive connections with peers and carers
- Explore new activities to step outside of their comfort zone
Our camp program combines traditional group therapy sessions with fun filled activities including rock climbing, surfing, arts and crafts and plenty more! Each activity has been designed to encourage and develop teamwork, positive relationship building and emotional management.
Who is eligible?
- Country NSW children aged 9-12
- Currently functioning independently within a school and community environment
- Able to participate independently in group sessions with their peers
- NDIS participants with funding in:
- CAPACITY BUILDING: Improved Daily Living Skills & CORE Increased Social and Community Participation. OR;
- CAPACITY BUILDING: Participation in Community, Social and Civic Activities.